It is possible for a woman who is already breastfeeding may have the need for medical abortion for an unplanned pregnancy. If you are facing something similar, you can buy abortion pill online safely without having to worry about its impact on nursing the infant. The medications used in the procedure are safe, and you just have to follow a few precautions to avoid any complications for your baby. The experience of pregnancy termination with pills is like a natural miscarriage, and we will discuss that in detail in the following.
Abortion Pills Effects on Breastfeeding
If you are breastfeeding, and at that time detected with pregnancy, do not panic. We understand you are not ready to go through another pregnancy right away. So, there is a solution with a treatment, wherein you do not have to visit any hospital or leave your infant behind.
· Take abortion pills instead, but they will only work for an intrauterine pregnancy, which is within 9 weeks of gestation. If that is where you are, then medicines are one of the safest and most comfortable treatments for an undesired pregnancy at home.
· Mifepristone and Misoprostol may not have any negative effects on the lactation process. Some data suggest that Mifepristone if present in breast milk, is in low quantity and does not have adverse effects on the baby.
· So, you can continue to breastfeed the infant without interruptions during and after a pregnancy termination with medicines. Data does however indicate that you must not breastfeed the baby till 5 hours after using Misoprostol medicine. And
· Also, if you use Misoprostol orally, the medicine could be passed into the breast milk. However, it is harmless because only a small amount may get into the milk, which gets eliminated soon. Thus, again, there is no need to stop breastfeeding during a medical abortion
· But keep a check on the health of the baby for side effects such as poor feeding, nausea, and vomiting. If that happens, then consult your healthcare provider to understand how long you may have to stop breastfeeding while and after pregnancy termination.
How to Use Abortion Pills When Breastfeeding?
Here is more to know about medical abortion:
· Take Mifepristone 200mg on day 1. It is an anti-progesterone, which halts the progress of pregnancy by breaking the endometrial lining and detaching the embryo from the uterus wall. The implantation does not stay on, and the pregnancy parts remain in the uterus to be removed with another dose of pills.
· After 24 to 48 hours, take 200mcg x 4 pills of Misoprostol buccally or vaginally. A prostaglandin E1 analog, the pill expels the pregnancy portions out of the womb. The expelling occurs over heavy vaginal bleeding, which may contain large blood clots with pregnancy tissues, the sac, and the embryo.
· Misoprostol also loosens the cervix for the passing of the products of conception. It causes uterine contractions for the eviction of these contents from the uterus. You may encounter cramps and lower abdomen pain, and a few side effects such as nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, headache, tiredness, and vomiting.
You can continue to breastfeed after taking abortion pills by following the necessary intervals and precautions to safeguard the infant’s health and have your pregnancy terminated safely.