Abortion Pills are commonly used pharmaceutical products to end an unplanned pregnancy. The medicine causes the fetus to detach from the implantation source in the uterus. This happens when you take Mifepristone 200mg orally on day 1. The medication is anti-progesterone that suppresses the pregnancy hormone. As a result, the pregnancy does not progress further. Then steps in the secondary medicine – Misoprostol 200mcg x 4 pills that you must take buccally or vaginally 24 to 48 hours later the anti-hormone pill.
While a safe abortion pill process at home non-invasively terminates a pregnancy, you must check if the medicine worked as expected. For this, you have to keep a check on changes that happen in your body after administering the pills. Also, keep a lookout for the symptoms, and know what is normal and what is not. Along with that, you must also understand when to check for pregnancy and how. In this post, we will run you through the concerned details.
Which Changes to Notice After Taking Abortion Pill?
Obtaining pregnancy termination pills is simple. You can buy abortion pill online as per your prescription. Go through the intake instructions before starting the medication course:
· On using Mifepristone, you may not find any major effects. For some, slight bleeding may start on taking the pill.
· But most of the effects take place after administering Misoprostol medicine. This pill induces labor i.e., causes uterine contractions, heavy vaginal bleeding, and cervical ripening.
· It is the ultimate medicine to remove the products of conception swiftly in 24 to 48 hours.
NOTE: If there is no pain or no bleeding, or only pain and no bleeding even after 4 hours of Misoprostol dosage completion, then consult a healthcare provider.
Which Other Symptoms and Effects to Expect?
Here are other effects of abortion pills:
· You may encounter a few side effects such as cramps, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, tiredness, and others. But these are temporary.
· The bleeding has a heavy flow so you will need large sanitary napkins. The flow will also contain large blood clots.
· For a few people, mild fever is possible for a few hours. But the fever must not be high for over a day.
· Notice any offensive odor or discharge from the vagina to assure there is no infection.
How to Know If the Medical Abortion is a Success?
After 2 weeks from starting the Mifepristone dose, go for a follow-up with a healthcare provider. The physician will conduct a physical exam. He will also enquire about the symptoms and your health state. More importantly, you will have to get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen. Only this scan will surely tell you whether the uterus has emptied successfully or not.
If there are remains of pregnancy in the uterus, it is a case of incomplete abortion. However, such incidents are rare if you use the pills correctly. Mifepristone and Misoprostol combination has an efficacy rate of 97-99%. But if medical abortion fails, terminate the pregnancy through an invasive procedure without any delay.
Now that you know how to check if the abortion pill works, spread the word with others. This information will surely assist women in better understanding medical abortion and staying prepared for it.