Every other medication can have a few after effects. It is important to understand the effects and remain prepared to cope with them. This is especially true for medical pregnancy termination.
Many women choose to buy abortion pills online because it is the safest method of ending their pregnancies. Few women, however, neglect the value of proper self-care for their physical and emotional well-being following a medical abortion. Thus, we’ve included a list of what to expect throughout the abortion procedure and how to should you treat it.
What should you expect during/after the medical abortion process?
Medical aboriton is a very simple-to-follow procedure but it does have some minor side effects that persist for a short period of time.
After you consume the pills at home, you may experience a few symptoms such as:
- Excessive vaginal bleeding which is heavier than normal menstrual periods and there may be passing out of large clots. Bleeding after medical abortion occurs one to four hours later and it can be prolonged bleeding lasting for up to four weeks.
- Similarly, cramps occur usually within half an hour and are generally much stronger than period pain.
- Other side effects: Nausea, vomiting, mild to moderate fever, diarrhea, dizziness, depression, and anxiety.
How can you treat the after effects carefully?
Treating the after-effects of medical abortion can help you to recover more speedily than others. Here we listed a few recovery tips that can be helpful to you.
Physical aftereffects care after medical abortion:
As we previously mentioned, the physical side effects of abortion pills are mild and treatable with the help of medical supervision. What you can do it to follow some activities to reduce the pain and discomfort that came with it, such as:
- Massaging your abdomen (lower belly area) with the help of body oil can reduce pain. To do so, you can massage in a clockwise motion for a couple of minutes and then repeat the process a few times later on.
- Your uterine muscle tissue can be relaxed and less cramped by applying something warm to your lower belly, such as a heating pad, or warm washcloths.
- You should take a few days off from work to ensure that you get more than enough rest. Try to avoid physically demanding activities.
- As bleeding may occur during an abortion procedure, avoid using tampons or menstrual cups in preference for maxi sanitary pads. Also, prevent vaginal sexual interactions. Such activities are more likely to disrupt your abortion procedure.
Emotional aftereffects care after medical abortion:
Taking care of your emotional health is just as important as physical health. As it results and turns your regretful emotions into relief. According to research, emotional distress weakens and encourages physical illness.
Abortion is a mentally challenging decision. When you undergo medical abortion, many women experience guilt and frequent mood swings which are common.
Here, we’ve put together a list of recovery suggestions that you might find useful.
- Don’t let your emotions entrap you. Discuss your feelings with your friends, family members, or loved ones. Talking about it can help to reduce stress and normalize your emotions.
- If you can’t talk about it, write it down in your private journal. Penning down your thoughts can be helpful.
- Get enough sleep, and eat nutritious food and meals. Consider engaging in self-care and non-strenuous exercises. Do some fun activities and interactive things.
It’s important to keep in mind that having an abortion is challenging on an emotional as well as physical level. Hence, taking care of the side effects does help in a speedy and safe recovery.