Medication abortion is a process of terminating pregnancy using medicines commonly known as abortion pills. There are two types of abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol. You can buy MTP kit online which has both of these abortion pills which gives effective termination of pregnancy under 8 weeks if used in combination.
What is an MTP kit?
The MTP kit contains both types of abortion pills. It has 800 mcg Misoprostol divided into four 200 mcg pills each and 200 mg Mifepristone pill. The abortion pills in an MTP kit have a 98% of success rate for removing pregnancies under 56 days.
Abortion pills have gained quick popularity in the last two decades since they got medically approved to be used it has the following advantages.
- They are safe to use.
- More affordable as compared to other options.
- It also gives greater privacy.
- Gives freedom to women to choose a place and time where they want to do the abortion process.
- No anaesthesia is used.
- Can be safely carried out at the home.
- Lesser risk of infection.
In this blog, we will discuss how MTP kit abortion pills do terminate the pregnancy effectively.
How to consume the MTP kit pills?
Mifeprex is a primary medication in the process of abortion. This pill can be consumed orally with a glass of water. You will not observe any external changes on the day of your primary medication and can go along with your regular activities.
The second medication is Misoprostol which can be consumed by either buccal or vaginal intake. Both these methods are equally effective and you can choose the one you find comfortable for you.
Buccal intake method:
For this four Cytolog pills in the MTP kit can be put in both cheek pouches two each. Here let the pills stay undisturbed for the next 30 minutes so the contents can be absorbed in the body. Do not crush the pills and after half an hour if there is any portion remaining you can engulf it.
Vaginal intake method:
In vaginal intake, the Cytolog pills have to be pushed inside the vagina with the help of a finger.
How do the pills work to terminate the pregnancy?
Mifeprex is an anti-progesterone pill that blocks the receptors for the progesterone hormone in the body. When there isn’t enough supply of the hormone the fetus does not get enough nutrients and stops growing, detaching itself from the uterine wall.
Cytolog causes strong contractions in the uterine wall and opens the cervix wider. So the dead fetus and other pregnancy tissues can be pushed out of the body through heavy vaginal bleeding.
What should you do for an effective abortion process?
- Use sanitary pads to soak blood.
- Take some pain relief pills if you think this can help you with the pain.
- Share details of your medical history and current medication with the doctor.
- Take an ultrasound examination to determine the position of the fetus and the duration of pregnancy.
- If you observe any symptoms like fainting, blurry vision or return of heavy bleeding ask for medical help immediately.
- Take a follow-up appointment to check for infection and to confirm complete removal of pregnancy.
What you should not do during the abortion process?
- Do not insert anything inside the vagina.
- Stop harmful intakes like smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoid heavy physical exercises and tasks.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse for the next two weeks or until you get your next menstrual cycle.
- Avoid using tampons and menstrual cups.
Who can not use the MTP kit abortion pills?
- Do not use the pills if you have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Avoid abortion pills in case of allergies to the contents of the pills or having a bleeding disorder.
- If the pregnancy is much older than 8 weeks ask your doctor if you can use the abortion pills.