What is Mifeprex?
Mifeprex is a synthetic steroid that is used as a primary medication in the process of termination of pregnancy under 8 weeks of gestation.
How does it work?
Mifeprex has anti-progesterone properties. Progesterone is a primary hormone that is responsible for the continuation of pregnancy. It makes sure that the fetus gets sufficient food and nutrients as well as oxygen.
Mifeprex blocks the receptors for this hormone in the body. So progesterone could not supply the essentials for the healthy growth of the fetus. Devoid of sufficient nutrients the fetus detaches from uterine lining resulting in the termination of pregnancy
The second medication of Misoprostol is commonly prescribed with Mifeprex is responsible for removing the pregnancy and the dead fetus from the uterus by causing strong cramping and heavy bleeding.
Who can use Mifeprex abortion pills?
Those women who want to abort their pregnancy which is under 8 weeks of age and who would love to do it without any surgery or anaesthesia can use Mifeprex to terminate the pregnancy.
Can women get pregnant after using Mifeprex?
It is possible to get pregnant soon after abortion with Mifeprex. So if a woman doesn’t want to get pregnant soon enough, it is important to use contraception during sexual intercourse.
Who should not use abortion pills?
- If you get an allergic reaction to the abortion pills or similar contents.
- The fetus is growing out of that uterus as it happens when the fetus is inside a fallopian tube in ectopic pregnancy, the pill would not be effective.
- If you have medical issues with the renal or cardiovascular system you should avoid the pill.
- If you have any disease related to bleeding you should not take the abortion pill.
How to prepare for medication abortion?
- Choose a comfortable place at which you want to do your abortion and make sure that it had access to the emergency room in case something goes wrong.
- Get some sanitary pads because it’s better to use those than other options like tampons and menstrual cups which might cause an infection.
- Grab some pain relief pills and hot water bottles or heating pads as this can be helpful during the pain or cramping.
What are the side effects?
The temporary side effects caused by the use of abortion pills are as follows
- Feeling of nausea
- Body pain
- Abdomen pain
- Fever and chills
All these symptoms listed above are temporary and start to fade away after a short time. These can easily be treated with commonly available medication.
What are the precautions?
- Make sure that pregnancy is intrauterine.
- Avoid heavy physical tasks, exercises and travel.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for at least 2 weeks after an abortion.
- Do not crush or chew on the pills.
- Take a follow-up examination of the uterus to make sure that abortion was successful.
- Share your medical history and if you are receiving any medication currently share those details with your doctor.
When to call for a doctor?
- If you do not experience any kind of bleeding within 24 hours of taking your second medication.
- Heavy bleeding returns after a few days.
- There is more bleeding than what a couple of sanitary pads can soak in an hour and it happens for 2 to 3 hours in a row.
- Feeling difficulty in breathing or you happen to faint.
Where can I buy Mifeprex?
Now you can buy Mifeprex online from our website at affordable prices which sells medically approved high-quality medication and provides amazing customer service.